Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Is it December yet?

I saw an old "friend" while strolling along Podium last Sunday. The last time I saw him was more than 3 years go, and before that, more than 10 years ago. He's one of those that would fall under the "what could have been" category , if you know what I mean. Funny, after years of wishing, and hoping and dreaming I'd run into him again, when it happened, it was like...wala lang. I almost didn't recognize him. He greeted me first and it took me a couple of seconds to respond. He was with his wife and I was with SO (who was at the gym at the time so he was not able to meet him). He said he'd keep in touch. We still have each other's cellphone numbers. I never erased him from my phonebook.

I had dinner with SO's family last night. It was his parents wedding anniversary. I didn't see them for more than a year. I was kinda feeling my way around them again, more like meet
the'rents part two. I'm sure they were aware of what happened last year, but tactfully didn't ask questions about it. His folks are nice people. Specially his mom. I hope he could be more like her.

When will it start getting cold? This is not December weather. I have unearthed all my jackets and they are al waiting to be worn. Plus a couple I recently bought...Hee..

Our house is devoid of any Christmas trimmings. I refuse to put up a tree or put up lights on the terrace because doing so would mean I'd be the one to take them off after the holidays are over. NOT. It's times like these that I miss having a maid around. But I must. stand. by. my. Decision. Now I have nowhere to put my Christmas gifts.

2 comments:

Vikkicar said...

Yes...you're strong...you can always just put the gifts in your room. Heee. Give them when it's time. Heee. God Bless.

manonica said...

That's odd... been feeling the Christmas breeze a lot lately. Sometimes I don't need the a/c anymore when I snooze. At night, I wear socks and flannel PJs nowadays, wouldja believe?!