Monday, April 02, 2007

Jo




After four years, we see each other again. She has been my closest friend, more like a sister to me. We shared so many laughs, tears, secrets and heartaches together, she practically knew me inside out. That was why when she left four years ago, I felt like I lost a part of me. And when she lost touch immediately after that, I felt so hurt and betrayed. Like a lover spurned.

Fast forward to four years later, I was so surprised when one day she called me up on my cellphone to tell me she'll be here for two weeks. Frankly, at first I wasn't too thrilled at the thought...more like yeah, whatever. She asked if we could meet but i was so busy then with my exams and my capping that I told her I can't meet her till the following week. But when we finally met up, it was like everything was okay. Like nothing happened. We didn't talk about why she lost touch but somehow she sort of explained why. And though for me it was still not enough reason to lose touch, I just let it go. She's married now, and with a one year old baby boy, her 2nd one. She lost her first born 8 hours after delivery due to congenital diaphragmatic hernia. She's a supervisor in a real estate company, has her own house now, basically doing good although tired being a mom and wife too.

We met up several times after that, mostly to go shopping and visit our old hang-outs. It was just like old times. She's thrilled at the thought that someday I'll be going over to the states too. She wants me to be there when she finally gets married in church.

I felt so light after that, like a load has been lifted off me. It's never easy letting go of a friendship and I'm just so glad this one didn't end.

4 comments:

Ada said...

Jo!!!! Oh wow, that was a looong four years not hearing from her.

Say hi from me. Hugs and kisses too. Sabihin mo bisita siyang New York!

qtz said...

welcome back JO!

Vikkicar said...

That's great to hear...closure on the past 4 years...new beginnings ahead? I pray she'll keep in touch now? God Bless.

manonica said...

Hope your friendship will be smooth sailing from now on...